Homemade Beauty Recipes
The skin is a naturally absorbing organ, whilst some chemicals are excreted by the body, others are not and become stored in fat, blood, muscle, bone and organs thereby able to cause cell and tissue damage and ever alter DNA. Continued use year after year of unnatural chemicals is going to cause dis-harmony and havoc somewhere in your system.
'If you wouldn't want to eat it, don't put it on your skin'
Luxury Cocoa Butter Face/ Body Balm
- 2.5x Tbsp/ 50g Cocoa Butter melt using a glass jug in pan
- Add 1x Level Tbsp Coconut Oil once Cocoa Butter has melted
- Add x 1 Level Tbsp Olive Oil - optional
- 1x Tsp Rosehip Oil, 1x Tsp Evening Primrose (All optional)
- ½ Tsp Veg Glycerine (optional)
- 1 or 5 drops Wild Orange Oil
One of my most favourites!!
Day Balm: Use apricot kernel or sesame seed oil instead of olive oil as lighter,
Add 3 x drops geranium oil as soon as removed from heat as will start to set.
Pour immediately into glass container & allow to stand & cool.
No need to store in fridge – will last 6-9mths
Banana Face Mask
- 1x Ripe banana
- 1x Egg yolk
- 1x Tsp honey
- 2x Tsp of avocado oil
Combine all the ingredients into a bowl mashing into a paste. Apply the pack to your face for 10mins. Wash off with cool water and pat dry.
Use immediately or within 24hrs.
- 1x Tsp natural raw organic honey
- 1x Tbsp natural bio yoghurt
- 1x Tsp Raw Organic Cocoa Powder
- 2x drops Peppermint oil
Packed full of anti-oxidants! Mix all together to make a creamy texture.
Yogurt contains natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. A regular beauty regime with a yogurt facial mask will help keep skin cleansed, which will also reduce irritating breakouts. Also great for pimples & acne – apply direct for 30mins to affected areas.
Keep in fridge, use within a few days or make as & when needed. Apply to face to cleanse for 5-10 mins and wash off with warm water.
- 1 Tbsp of Honey
- 1 Tbsp of pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 Tsp of Coconut Oil or your preferred oil
Mix together & apply in circular motions with a drop of water.
Raw honey also contains gluconic acid, a mild alpha hydroxy acid that brightens the complexion, evens out skin tone, and lightens scars and age spots.
This will keep in the fridge for a week or more!
Indulgent Vanilla Body Cream
- 2x Tbsp of organic unrefined Shea Butter
- 1x Tbsp natural, raw & organic Coconut Oil
- 2x Tbsp Almond Oil
Blend together and whisk until creamy - looks just like whipped cream!
Add essential oils – 5/6 drops – Vanilla/ Wild Orange or other.
Will last 4-6mths in fridge
- 1 x part/cup melted Coconut Oil (naturally has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties due to its high lauric acid content)
- 1 x part/cup Baking soda (neutralises bacteria in your mouth, responsible for causing cavities. Also helps to whiten teeth, remove plaque, and maintains healthy gums)
- 1-4 drops Essential oils (have antibacterial qualities and help fight off bad bacteria in your mouth and keep it not just smelling good, but keep it healthy as well. Cinnamon/ Peppermint/ Tea Tree or Spearmint.
Coconut oil becomes a liquid at room temperature, so in the summer it will be more likely to shoot out of the tube when you use it. To prevent that, store in a cool, dry place or just be careful when you open it. In the winter, fill the sink with hot water and let it sit there for a minute or 2, it will be much easier to manipulate.
Olive & Orange Face Moisturiser
- 1x Tbsp natural, raw & unrefined Shea Butter
- 1x Tbsp organic Walnut Butter
- 1.5 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2x Tsp Raw Honey or Vit E
- 1 x Tsp of Rosehip Oil
Blend together, whisk until creamy, Store in fridge for up to 4mths, Add x4 – 6 drops essential oil – orange?
Lime & Honey Light Refreshing Day Cream
- 1 x Tbsp Shea Butter
- 1 x Tbsp Mango Butter
- 2 x Tbsp Sesame Seed Oil
- ½ x Tsp Vit E/Honey
- ½ x Tsp Rosehip oil
Add: 4-5 drops essential oil Lime/Lemon
Whisk together until creamy & store in fridge approx 4 mths
Lavender Baby Oil
- 1x Tbsp Aloe Vera Butter
- 1x Tbsp Coconut Oil
Add: Lavender oil – 3 drops
Whisk together until fluffy & store in fridge. If using on babies just add 1 drop oil.
Body Scrub Exfoliator
- 3 x Tbsp. Cocoa Powder
- 1 x Cup Brown Sugar/oatmeal/rice
- 1x Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1x Tsp Coconut Oil
- For a refreshing hint of mint, add several drops of peppermint oil to the cocoa scrub
Honey Cream Cleanser
- 1x Tbsp of natural, bio & organic yoghurt added to bowl
- Mix with 1x Tsp of raw honey
- Mix together until creamy & smooth
- (Add 2 drops of Tea Tree essential oil)
Add a quarter size amount or more to wet hands, massage into skin and rinse. Follow with your usual serum or moisturiser. Alternatively use with a cotton wall ball.
Too much time spent basking in summer’s glow, you sun god or goddess? Nourish your achy sunburn naturally with yogurt.
The zinc in yogurt helps cool the harsh bite of a sunburn.
Add a few drops of soothing chamomile essential oil to about a handful of organic yogurt. Rub the calming concoction over your sunburned skin and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing it off.
Rich Lavender Hand Cream
- 1x Tbsp Mango Butter (optional)
- 1x Tbsp Shea Butter
- 1x Tbsp Walnut Butter
Whisk together with 5 drops of lavender essential oil
Store in fridge, will last 6mths or more!
Avocado Night Moisturiser
- 1x Tbsp natural, raw & unrefined shea butter
- 1x Tbsp organic walnut butter
- 1.5x Tbs olive oil
- 1/2x Tsp raw honey or Vit E
- 1 x Tsp of rosehip oil if as a facial moisturiser)
Blend together, whisk until creamy, Store in fridge for up to 4mths, Add 4 drops essential oil – orange
I hope you have fun experimenting!!!!!!!!!!
Here are a few websites to purchase bits & bobs…
www.ampulla.co.uk – containers
www.akomaskincare.co.uk – butters & oils
Have fun, be safe & stay in touch!!!!!!!!