Vetiver Oil For Fear & Anxiety
Vetiver 4 Fear & Anxiety
Vetiver is known as the "oil of tranquility/ fragrance of the soil" due to it's deeply grounding, sensuous, balancing & calming scent. Vetiver belongs to the grass family and is sometimes referred to as vetivert or khus in India. It has a deep earthy scent often used in men's cologne.
I love this oil to help me stay grounded especially during those times when I am moving through big waves of fear & anxiety. Essential oils are the natural aromatic compounds found in plants that act as the plant's immune system.
They are highly concentrated & can be used for a wide range of physical & emotional wellness applications. Because we are carbon-based like a plant our body recognises the essential oil and knows precisely how to absorb it & what to do with it.
MedYoga To Ground Through Fear
In a 2016 animal study, researchers concluded that inhaling vetiver oil improved alertness and brain function. Vetiver oil may help your brain feel more awake if you’re struggling to focus on a task or remain alert to what’s happening around you.
- Used in aromatherapy applications, Vetiver Essential Oil is beneficial for soothing anxiety, insomnia, fatigue, depression, inflammation of the sinuses and inability to concentrate or remember.
- Used cosmetically or topically in general, Vetiver Essential Oil is known to firm, tighten, and protect skin against the harsh effects of environmental stressors, thereby exhibiting anti-aging properties.
- Used medicinally, Vetiver Essential Oil works as a natural anti-oxidant that promotes relief from various types of inflammation. Its tonic properties are reputed to show regenerative effects as they enhance and maintain immunity. Its anti-septic properties eliminate and prevent the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Used in massages, the tonic properties of Vetiver Essential Oil enhance circulation, boosts the metabolism and digestion, eases muscular aches, and soothes joint pain.
It's believed that this scent – known for its fresh, warm yet cooling, woody, earthy, and balsamic notes – can encourage feelings of confidence, stillness, and tranquility. It's sedative properties have made it ideal for use in relieving nervousness and restoring a sense of serenity, and it is reputed to effectively diminish feelings of anger, irritability, panic, and restlessness.
(source: New Directions Aromatic Blog)
HOW DO I USE ESSENTIAL OILS?
AROMATIC - Breathe in or diffuse to cleanse & purify the air. Can be stimulating, calming or soothing.
TOPICAL - Always dilute with carrier oil like fractionated coconut oil /apply to localised area/ soles of the feet.
INTERNALLY - Some essential oils can be used as a dietary supplement for targeted wellness.
Mix 1 to 2 drops of vetiver oil in every 10 drops of your carrier oil to start using it on your skin.
Essential Oils Safety:
- Keep out of the eyes, ears, and nose.
- If you accidentally get some in your eye, wash out with a vegetable oil or milk NOT WATER.
- Dilute with vegetable oil if skin sensitivity occurs.
- Store with caps sealed away from direct heat.
- Do not use on children under the age of 2/ discuss with GP prior to use.
- Citrus oils are photosensitive – keep out of the sun for 12 hours after use.
- Always use a carrier oil when using topically.
- Keep away from dogs/ animals due to the sensitivity/ reaction of some oils.
- Always do a sensitivity/ patch test with carrier oil before using.
- Always speak to a doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Use Vetiver To Stay Grounded, Balanced & Calm This Month